Friends of the Quonochontaug Grange
Welcome! Since 1948, the Quonochontaug Grange, located at 5662 Post Road in Charlestown, Rhodeisland, has opened its doors to the people of of the area for meetings, worship, and celebrations.
Today, under the stewardship of a non-profit charitable organization, it continues to offer a welcoming venue for varied events contributing to the cultural enrichment of the community and beyond.
GRANGE RENTAL UPDATE
Friends of the Quonochontaug Grange (FOTQG) appreciate your ongoing understanding and participation in following the state guidelines to help keep us all safe. Thank you for your support!
Based on the latest news from our Governor, there looks to be a plan for total reopening and FOTQG looks forward to a reopening of the Quonnie Grange for public use. This will be done based on the state mandates/executive orders and guidelines as set forth by the State of RI. The reopening process will be continuing to follow the RI State Executive orders and guidance on gathering size, masking and social distancing requirements.
Thank you again for your understanding at this time. If you have further questions please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
RENEW/BECOME A FRIEND OF THE GRANGE
As many of you may recall, over five years ago the future of our Quonochontaug Grange was in doubt and our community could have lost this historic, central gathering place. The Friends of the Quonochontaug Grange, Inc. (FOTQG) was created and given the responsibility for day-to-day management by the Dunn’s Corners Fire District. Since then, your FOTQG neighbors and friends have worked hard to make the Grange a more desirable community resource. All of this would not have happened without the active hands on and financial support of our community, FOTQG donations, rental payments, DCFD and the Town of Charlestown financial support.
We’ve accomplished a lot thanks to you and so many others. To name a few:
• Renovated the kitchen in the lower level to create a “Caterers/Servers” kitchen;
• Installed a State-of-the-Art AV system in the upper level;
• Purchased all new tables and chairs for both levels;
• Renovated the lower level including the installation of a new heating and air conditioning system;
• Built a storage room for the tables and chairs in the lower level;
• Repainted the interior of the building with volunteers from our community; and
• Provided a handicap parking area for the lower level.
Our plan for the Grange is to continue to expand both its available uses and attractiveness to people and groups. To accomplish this, we need funds for the following:
• Re-shingle and insulate the exterior of the building;
• Upgrade the stage in the upper level; and
• Ongoing repairs and maintenance of the facility.
As always, we appreciate all of the support we have received from our community. We hope you will consider becoming a “Friend” for 2021-2022 and giving an additional donation to support our efforts.
Please CLICK HERE to go to our Renew/Become a “Friend” page.